The latest in SciFi, Fantasy and Comic News and Reviews

Wednesday 6 October 2010

New Harry Potter Book?

JK Rowling has hinted about the possibility of a new Harry Potter book.

Rowling, who completed the series with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2007, told Oprah Winfrey in televised interview: "They're all in my head still. I could definitely write an eighth, a ninth book." When asked if she would write another book, she replied: "I'm not going to say I won't. I feel I am done, but you never know."

Rowling also explained she spent a lot of time planning the series last words. After planning the last word of the Harry Potter series to be"scar", at some point, she changed her mind and wanted the final words to read "All was well."

Sitting in the same hotel where she completed writing the Harry Potter series, Rowling described the pressure of her quick rise to fame. "It was like being a Beatle. But there were four Beatles, so they could turn to each other and say "My god, This is crazy!" I couldn't turn to anyone."

"I kept saying to people, 'Yeah, I'm coping, I'm coping.' But the truth was, there were times when I was barely hanging on by a thread."

The Book Seller commented, if Rowling did write a further novel in the Potter series it could spark one of the biggest rights auctions in publishing history. Her publisher Bloomsbury only bought the first seven books in its original deal.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment