The latest in SciFi, Fantasy and Comic News and Reviews

Tuesday 22 February 2011

SFX Weekender - A brief summary

It has been a while...

I was hoping to delight people with a illustrated account of my time at the SFX Weekender but unfortunately my camera broke! Apparently that's what happens if you leave it in a pool of alcohol? My mistake.

Anyway, I thought I would still write up a little summary, generally just to say nice things about various people!

After a hectic journery I turned up just in time to meet the lovely ladies Emily and Emily from Simon and Schuster end their day with Kevin J Anderson who had been on panels all day discussing various things including his new novel 'Hell Hole' which is sitting on my book shelf ready to read. Anyway, after a hectic and tiring day he agreed to a couple inpromptu interviews with some big fans and I after seeing him off in a taxi I was left thinking... 'What a nice man!' He mentioned, of the day, that it is not often you have a stranger quoting the words you wrote twenty years ago.

Because I arrived late the only thing to do after seeing Kevin off was to eat a rushed dinner of Dorito’s and get down the pub! Several wines later we struck up conversation with various chaps from Rebellion, 2000 AD and other darks corners and had a jolly good night!

Saturday started far too early for my liking but I enjoyed various talks...
Highlights for Saturday were:
Being Human actor Russell Tovey and creator Toby Whithouse discussing the show. Have never watched it but they were so entertaining I thought I would give it a go… Plus, I needed to find out why anyone would take a dead chicken for a walk?

Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter discussing their new book together. Although it was a strange hour of them talking about something they couldn’t really talk about? And didn’t seem as original a concept as first led to believe…
Writer

Titan the Robot. He is amazing. Especially singing Muse. Here’s a clip I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment